St Mary's Church Haverfordwest

Pulpit

 

"To the Glory of God and in loving memory of James Price, of this parish, Solicitor, who died 28th October 1896.  This pulpit has been erected by his widow and children".

It is not yet possible to confirm the date on which the pulpit was dedicated but from the Haverfordwest and Milford Haven Telegraph of August 30 1905 a report "Restoration Nearly Completed" includes "The church has been re-floored and re-seated with handsome carved oak pews and a beautifully carved pulpit has been presented by the widow and family of the late Mr James Price who was a devoted adherent of St Mary's Church".

 


Copyright © 2005-2006 All Rights Reserved St. Mary's Church Haverfordwest Sitemap | Terms of Use | Privacy

This website has been created with the assistance of PAVS